Our Past, Present and Future
“To properly train Service Dogs for children, adults and families, resulting in a new outlook on life and providing Therapy Dogs to the community’s schools, hospitals, nursing homes, specialty programs and public functions.”
Realizing the full potential well-trained Service Dogs and Therapy Dogs have to create miracles by: Conducting positive reinforcement training, employing those with personality over experience, never turning away a family for insufficient financial means and fulfilling our social responsibility through an elaborate community involvement program.
“I shouldn’t be here, and I shouldn’t be alive. Helping as many kids, adults and families through the limitless abilities a dog possesses is why I’m here, and why I’m alive.”
– Erik Kolbow
Erik Kolbow is the founder of P.A.W. Service Dogs. Some highlights from his journey include:
- 12.5 years in the Army
- Combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan
- Led the training, selection of dogs and certification of dog teams for the elite Mine Detection Dog Program
- Trainer at K9s For Warriors
- Founder of 5-Star Dog Training
- Over 25 Service Dogs trained and certified
- Private training for over 70 families
Business Development Intern
P.A.W. Service Dog’s Internship Program will be its lifeline to the development, training and hiring of all dog trainers. Additional opportunities will present themselves as the company grows.
As we approach the brink of expansion, the current need for assistance with business development was obvious. We are ecstatic to introduce our first Intern, Gracie Mixon!
Gracie is pursuing a double major in Marketing and Management with a minor in Digital Marketing as a Junior at the University of North Florida. She was a graduate of Yulee High School where she demonstrated obvious signs of a limitless future.
At P.A.W. Service Dogs, Gracie will spearhead her own projects while assisting with marketing in numerous ways. She provides the positive, giving, and professional presence that mirrors our organizational culture. While being mentored, Gracie will also be included in the decision making procedures/meetings. We feel so fortunate to have her join our team!
Gracie's first day with Bella & Josh
Gracie Mixon, Business Development
Education and Training:
- Junior at University of North Florida
- Major: Marketing and Management
- Yulee High School Vice President of Student Government Association
- Record setter and team captain for Yulee Varsity Volleyball
Hobbies and Interests:
- Loves the beach “Sun’s out, Guns out”
- Helping others and giving back
- Collector of old records and avid fan of 80’s rock, especially Slash from Guns N’ Roses
- Gracie’s hero is her loving mother, Cassie Mixon
- As an athlete throughout her young life, Gracie enjoys fitness and playing volleyball whenever possible